FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 15, 2020
Media Contact: Amy Cloud, Public Information Officer
Phone: (360) 318 - 4356
E-mail address: WUC_JIC@co.whatcom.wa.us
Low-barrier Drive-Through COVID-19 Testing Facility reopens July 17 and 18
BELLINGHAM, WA – The low-barrier drive-through testing site at the Civic Field Stadium parking lot will operate again this Friday and Saturday, July 17 and 18. The site will be open for COVID-19 testing from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm.
Anyone can get tested for COVID-19 at the drive-through site. During this pilot, no appointments will be scheduled. To be tested, enter the Civic Athletic Complex on Puget Street via Fraser St. You will be instructed where to drive. Do not exit your vehicle, and follow all instructions at the site to ensure the safety of workers, volunteers, and others seeking testing. Please be prepared to wait in line. No public restrooms are available at the site.
Those who come to the testing site should know:
- Lines will be long, possibly up to two to three hours. To make sure you can get tested, plan to arrive by 1:30 pm to get a spot in line.
- Do not bring pets. Pets cannot be tested at this site and may be disruptive during the sample collection
- For the safety of yourself and others, do not get out of your car.
- No one will be turned away from testing if they cannot access a vehicle. If you do not have a vehicle and your only option is to arrive at the site on foot or bike, follow instructions from site volunteers to get tested, and wear a mask at all times.
- Follow along on the Whatcom County Health Department and Whatcom Unified Command Facebook pages to stay updated on testing site information on Friday and Saturday.